After you set up departments, you will add users to your uAttend account and assign them to the departments. You can also customize each user's profile by using the settings found on the Users page. There are three types of users in uAttend: administrators, supervisors, and employees.
Administrators—Administrators have control over the uAttend account. They set all preferences within the account. Administrators add all users, including employees, supervisors, and other administrators. For more information, see Administrators.
Supervisors—Supervisors are assigned departments for which they are responsible. Supervisors can perform many of the same functions that administrators can, with several exceptions. For more information, seeSupervisors.
Employees—Employees are assigned to departments. The functions that employees can perform are limited to punching in and out and viewing/editing their timecard, depending on the rights that the administrator has set up for them. For more information, see Employees.
Adding New Users
To add a user, follow these steps:
1. Click the Users tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Add User link.
3. From the drop-down menu, select the type of user you wish to add:Employee, Supervisor, or Administrator.
4. In the First Name field, enter the user's first name.
5. In the Last Name field, enter the user's last name.
6. To assign the user to a department, select the user's home department from the Department drop-down menu.
7. Enter any additional user information in the fields that appear.
8. Click Save & Continue to continue adding user information, clickSave & Add New to add a new user, or click Save & Close.
The following options are available on the user profile screen. To access this screen, click the Users tab and click the name of the user whose profile you wish to edit.
- Role—the role (administrator, supervisor, or employee) assigned to the user.
- First/Last Name—the first and last name of the user.
- Username/Password—the username and password assigned to theuser.
- Home Department—the home department to which the user belongs.
- Timezone—the timezone in which the user works.
- Email—the user's email address.
- Phone—the user's phone number.
- Edit Rights—rights assigned to the user (View Only or View & Edit).
- Employee Payroll ID—reference number for salary reports.
- Hourly Rate—the hourly rate of the user.
- PIN Number—the PIN assigned to the user, if the user will punch in to a timeclock with a PIN.
- Badge Number—the badge number assigned to the user, if the user will punch in to a timeclock with a badge.
- Fingerprint ID—the fingerprint ID number assigned to the user, if the user will punch in to a timeclock with a fingerprint.
- Fingerprint ID2—an alternate fingerprint ID number assigned to the user, if the user will punch in to a timeclock with a fingerprint.
- Face ID—the face ID number assigned to the user, if the user will punch in to a timeclock using facial recognition.
- Smartphone Punch—specifies whether or not the user can punch in using a smartphone app.
- Status—indicates whether the user is active or archived.