Setting Up A Public Holiday
In uAttend, you can set up holiday pay days for your users.
To add a new public holiday, follow these steps:
1. Click the Settings tab on the main menu.
2. Click the Public Holidays link.
3. Click Add Public Holiday.
4. In the Date field, click the calendar icon to access the pop-up calendar. Select the date.
5. In the Holiday Name field, enter the name of the holiday.
6. In the Paid Hours field, enter the number of paid hours for employees who will not be working on the holiday.
7. From the Pay Code drop-down menu, select the pay code (e.g., Reg, OT1, etc.) for employees who will be working on the holiday.
8. From the Apply to All drop-down menu, select Yes if you wish for this holiday to apply to all employees.
If the holiday will apply to only some or none of your employees, select No. Then see "Assigning Holiday Time to Users" below to assign the holiday to each individual user.
9. From the Working drop-down menu, select Yes if some or all of your employees will be working on the holiday.
10. Click Add.
Assigning Holiday Time to Users
After you have entered holiday pay days into the system, you can specify which holidays apply to each individual user.
To assign holiday time to a user, follow these steps:
1. Click the Users tab on the main menu.
2. Select the user’s name from the list.
3. Click the Public Holiday link.
4. In the Holiday Hours section, click the Edit link to select whether or not this employee is eligible for holiday pay. Select Yes or No, then click Save.
5. To assign a holiday to the user, click Add Public Holidays.
6. Select a holiday from the drop-down menu, then click Save.
7. To edit any of the fields for a holiday, click Edit link next to the holiday.
8. Edit the Working, Paid Hours, and Pay Code fields, as desired.
9. Click Save.