Rules can be created to control how the timesheets calculate and allocate the total hours for each day from the In/Out clockings.
These Rules are then complied into a Work Schedule which can be from 7 days long up to 400 days.
The Work Schedule is then tagged to an employee. (See Focus - Rules and Schedules, Work Schedules - Create New )
HOW TO CREATE A DAILY RULE:
- From the pull-down menu at the top of the Focus screen, select Schedules>Daily Rules and click on the New icon
- Specify a Short Code, Name and Start/Finish times. The Start/Finish times should be the usual times for this shift.
It is a good idea to use a Rule Name that easily identifies the parameters of the shift. E.g. Factory 8:00-17:00 - 30min Lunch
NOTE: If this new Daily Rule will be used in Rota, and the Start/End times will be so varied they need to be entered manually,
be sure to select the Calculate radio button. Otherwise, the Use Standard radio button should be selected.
- Next, select the Overtime-1 tab at the bottom of the window.
This tab allocates overtime based on the time of day worked.
Add the times as shown making sure the times circled red are the same as each other and the black circled numbers are the same as each other. These would typically be the same as the Start/Finish times from Step 2.
(For a more detailed description of Overtime-1, see Focus - Schedules, Daily Rules, Overtime-1 Tab )
- The Overtime-2 tab should be set with the required parameters.
This tab allocates overtime based on the number of hours worked as opposed to the time of day worked.
(For a more detailed description of Overtime-2, see Focus - Schedules, Daily Rules, Overtime-2 Tab )
- To see how to use the Rounding feature, see Focus - Schedules, Daily Rules - Rounding Tab )
- The final step is to allocate how the breaks will be handled.
These include coffee breaks and meal breaks, although coffee breaks are not typically factored into Daily Rules.
The Break Band tab allocates breaks based on the time of day.
To deduct an automatic lunch break based on the number of hours worked,
select the Break After tab at the bottom of the Daily Rules window.
Insert the number of hours worked before the lunch break is deducted, the rate of pay the lunch break needs to be deducted from & the amount
of time to deduct for the break.
NOTE: The other settings here relate to employees clocking IN & OUT for lunch.
(For a more detailed description of Break tabs, see Focus - Schedules, Daily Rules, Break Band Tab
& Focus - Schedules, Daily Rules, Break After Tab )
- Click on the Save icon at the top of the screen.
The Daily Rule is now ready to be used as part of a Work Schedule or used in Rota.
To download this article, click on the PDF below.