Before downloading the smartphone application, follow these steps:
1. Make sure the employee has been added to your uAttend account.
2. Give the employee a username and password by clicking the Users tab, then selecting the user’s name from the list. Scroll down to the Username/Password section and click the Edit link. Enter a username and password, then click Save.
3. Next, go to Clocking Management.
Look down the list to the Smartphone Clock section and click the Edit link.
- From the drop-down menu, select Yes to enable smartphone clocking.
- Select Global if the employee will be able to clock in from anywhere, or select whatever user-defined location(s) you have set up.
4. Click Save.
To download the smartphone application, follow these steps:
1. Download the application to your smartphone device from your phone's marketplace.
2. Once the application has downloaded, enter your company ID. You can find your company ID at the top of any screen within your uAttend account.
3. You will then be prompted to enter the username and password, then press Sign In.
4. Once you sign in, you will be able to clock in and out using the application on your phone.
If your employees will clock in using the smartphone application, you can add a geo-location to specify the radius in which the employees can clock in. This is an optional feature.
To add a geo-location, follow these steps:
1. Click the Settings tab from the main menu.
2. Click the Clocking Management link.
3. Scroll down to the Geo-Locations section and click Add Geo-Locations.
4. Enter a nickname and the full address of the geo-location.
5. From the Clocking Radius drop-down menu, select the distance from the address that employees will be allowed to clock in (e.g., Within 1/2 km of this address).
6. Click Add Location.